We are the Bishop’s Waltham Badminton Club. We play at the Jubilee Hall in Bishop’s Waltham. Club membership stands at around 20 members of varying standards, including members who just “play for fun”. We have teams entered in local leagues and tournaments.
It is unclear as to when the club was actually formed but the sport has been played in Bishop’s Waltham since the mid 1930’s. Records held by the club show that Badminton was alive in 1934/35 when the membership of the club numbered 15 and annual subs were 10 shillings and 6 old pence. The club first played at the Old Drill Hall until war broke out and the club temporarily stopped until the war finished. The club then moved to the British Legion Hall in Swanmore before moving back to Bishops Waltham a few years later and eventually moving back into the Old Drill Hall.
The club currently plays in Jubilee Hall, Bishop’s Waltham. Club membership stands at around 20 members of varying standards, including members who just “play for fun”. The club has teams entered in the local leagues and tournaments. Annual subscriptions for the 2016/17 season are £100 plus £5 for match fees (concessions for juniors). Visitors are very welcome (£5 fee) and anyone requiring further information is asked to contact our secretary Anita Parratton 01489 860541.